After BHIM app and Aadhaar Payment app, the government has introduced a new cashless digital payment system named “Bharat QR Code“. This new payment system will help you to make a cashless payment at stores without swiping your debit/credit card at the POS machine. Now to make a cashless payment, you just need to scan a Bharat QR Code through the mobile banking app and then enter the PIN code to complete the transaction.
Table of Contents
Watch This Video to Know More About Bharat QR Code
How to Make Payments using Bharat QR Code
Currently, ICICI Bank’s Pockets App and HDFC Bank’s PayZapp app added this feature.
- Firstly install Payzapp or Pockets App
- Login or Signup your account
- Now set 4 digits PIN code
- Link your debit/credit card/ bank account
- That’s it; You are now ready to make cashless payments
- Open the app & Click on “Bharat QR” option
- Scan the QR code at the merchant’s store
- Once the code is scanned, you need to enter the amount
- Finally, pay the amount using your debit/credit card linked to the app or VPA
To make payment by scanning other e-wallet’s QR code like Paytm, you need to have the same app installed to complete the transaction. Means you can’t transfer money from Paytm wallet to a recipient’s MobiKwik or Freecharge wallet. Now using Bharat QR code apps like Payzapp, Pockets you can send money to all Bharat QR code enable apps. Soon other banking apps, e-wallets will accept this feature.
How to Generate Bharat QR Code to Accept Payments
For Merchants, now no need to invest in any hardware like POS machine to accept digital payments. Just generate the Bharat QR Code to receive the payments from the customers. So create the code on BHIM App and then take a print out of your code and stick it on the cash desk. To test this new payment system, generate a QR code for your BHIM app & then pay the amount using Pockets App by following steps mentioned above.