Reliance Jio was the first one to offer VoLTE services in India. Now Airtel is also rolling VoLTE services in some states of India. As a promotional offer, the company is providing 30 GB Free data when you switch to Airtel VoLTE network. All that is necessary is an Airtel 4G SIM card after which you can enable VoLTE services in your smartphone and experience HD Voice and Video calls over VoLTE. Scroll down to know more about Airtel VoLTE Offer.
Airtel launches VoLTE services offering 30 GB 4G data on switching. The VoLTE services are currently available only in some specific states while the Airtel Beta program is LIVE in others
Table of Contents
Airtel VoLTE Offer
The Airtel VoLTE services are rolling in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa, Chennai, Karnataka, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. As you can see, there are mainly southern states and the north are yet to receive VoLTE services especially north-east of India. If you are from the states mentioned above, you can avail Airtel VoLTE Offer/ services and the 30 GB offer on your VoLTE compatible handset.
Airtel VoLTE Beta program is also LIVE in the following states: Assam, Orissa, Bengal, Bihar, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. You can click the following link to become an Airtel VoLTE beta user.
To avail the 30 GB offer, follow the following steps:
- Download the latest OS and enable VoLTE services in settings
- Providing feedback at the end of the 4th week
- Providing feedback at the end of the 8th week
- Get 10 GB data for each step (30 GB total)
How to Get Airtel 30 GB VoLTE offer
- You will need an Airtel 4G Enabled SIM to continue the remaining steps
- You will be needing a VoLTE compatible handset
- Enable VoLTE settings by going to Settings > Mobile Network > Enable VoLTE Service
- Check for the VoLTE icon on the notification bar
- If it is there, that means the VoLTE services are live. If not, restart your handset an check again
- Collect the 10+ 10 + 10 = 30 GB offer in the next three cycles
Some FAQ Regarding Airtel VoLTE Services
- What is VoLTE? Is it necessary to upgrade?
VoLTE or Voice over LTE is an advanced service with which users can experience high-quality voice calls. Also while using VoLTE service, users can have un-interrupted high-speed 4G services. And yes, you should upgrade to it provided you have a VoLTE supported handset
- Difference between normal voice calls and VoLTE calls
VoLTE calls are much better in terms of quality and faster call time setup. This allows users to experience true HD voice
- Am I running Airtel VoLTE Services?
For Android users, you just have to look for the VoLTE icon on the top notification bar which indicates the device is using VoLTE services. However, in case of iOS users, there is no visual indication, and they have to manually check for the option.
- For iOS: Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data
- For Android: Settings -> Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call
Note– This option may vary from handset to handset
- Will my smartphone support VoLTE Services?
Yes, your current 4G smartphone will be able to run VoLTE service. But certain smartphones have yet to launch software upgradations for the support of VoLTE. So check before installation
- Will VoLTE calls consume data?
No, VoLTE calls are not related to your data and will only charge from your existing voice or pack.
- Is a special pack necessary to use VoLTE services?
No, the existing plan is enough to run the VoLTE services.