As we discussed in our early article, Mi Pay is already out for beta testing by users. Soon, it’s going to launch for everybody in India. There are many questions about Mi Pay Wallet in user’s mind. So, in this article, we will be talking about some most frequently asked questions or FAQs like Mi Pay Customer Care Helpline Number, Transaction Related Issue etc. Without any further do, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions About Mi Pay
- 1.1 What Is Mi Pay?
- 1.2 Why Should You Use Mi Pay?
- 1.3 How To Add Your Bank Account to Mi Pay?
- 1.4 What Are The Pre Requisites For Using Mi Pay?
- 1.5 How to Set UPI PIN?
- 1.6 How to Change UPI PIN?
- 1.7 From Where Mi Pay Will Be Accessible?
- 1.8 What Is The Transaction Limit On Mi Pay?
- 1.9 What’s The Fee Charged?
- 1.10 If Any Fraudulent Activity Occurs, How To Contact Mi Pay?
- 1.11 What if Transaction failed/ Pending, but Money Debited from Bank Account?
- 1.12 MI Pay Customer Care Helpline Toll-Free Number
- 1.13 What If You Send Money To the Wrong Payee?
- 1.14 What is MI Pay UPI Handle?
- 1.15 How to Use Scan & Pay Feature to Make Payments?
- 1.16 WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
Frequently Asked Questions About Mi Pay
What Is Mi Pay?
Mi Pay is basically a digital payments platform which enables you to transfer money to your friends, family, third-party merchants and others from your bank accounts using your UPI Id, Debit & Credit cards and Net-banking. Apart from that, you can also pay for utilities like mobile & DTH recharges, water & electricity bills digitally within seconds! That’s the ability it gives to you.
Why Should You Use Mi Pay?
You might ask why use Mi Pay Wallet where there are already other wallets available to handle digital transactions. Well, the reason you should use Mi Pay is, actually it’s deeply rooted in the MIUI on Xiaomi smartphones. Because of that, sending money to friends and family becomes very convenient as it has quick access to all your contacts, SMS, scanner apps and App Vault in MIUI. However, non-Mi users won’t get that deep integration. For those, who are concerned about the privacy of their data, it will be first encrypted and then stored into cloud servers based in India. So, your data is safe, and it won’t go outside the country with Mi Pay.
How To Add Your Bank Account to Mi Pay?
- Launch the Mi Pay app.
- Tap on the icon that says add a bank account.
- Enter the required details about your bank account such as acc no, bank name, branch, ifsc code, etc.
- Post submitting the details, it will automatically send you an SMS on the phone number associated with your bank account.
- It will then automatically read the OTP from SMS and confirm the addition of your bank account. That’s it!
What Are The Pre Requisites For Using Mi Pay?
- You must have a Mi Account.
- If you wish to use UPI on Mi Pay, your mobile number must be registered with your bank account.
- For UPI PIN generation, you need a debit card in working condition.
- For select payment mechanism, you will need your Debit / Credit Card / Internet Banking / UPI Pin in your hand as it may require the details at the time of processing transactions at the select mechanism.
How to Set UPI PIN?
- If you are a first time UPI user or your UPI PIN is not set, you can follow below steps
- Once you add your bank in MI Pay, if your UPI PIN is not set, the app will ask you to set your UPI PIN
- On selecting Set UPI PIN option, you need to enter your debit card details.
- Now you can easily set your preferred UPI PIN.
How to Change UPI PIN?
- Just click on “Change UPI PIN” option
- Type your current UPI PIN
- Enter new UPI PIN & click on “Submit.”
From Where Mi Pay Will Be Accessible?
You can access Mi Pay directly from your Settings, Contacts, SMS and Scanner apps on Mi handsets.
What Is The Transaction Limit On Mi Pay?
You can transfer up to Rs 1,00,000 (One Lakh) per day which is defined by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) depending on your bank.
What’s The Fee Charged?
Initially, Mi Pay might not charge anything, but Xiaomi reserves the right to introduce fees or charges anytime. However, your bank may charge fees for transactions done via UPI at Mi Pay. It may change from time to time, but Mi Pay is not liable to notify users about the changes done in transaction fees by your bank or NPCI.
If Any Fraudulent Activity Occurs, How To Contact Mi Pay?
In case you think someone else has accessed your Mi Pay account or any other fraudulent activity occurs, you can contact Mi Pay using the toll-free number or email them.
What if Transaction failed/ Pending, but Money Debited from Bank Account?
Don’t worry! If the transaction fails, the amount gets directly credited back to your account. You can also contact MI Pay customer care service to raise a complaint.
MI Pay Customer Care Helpline Toll-Free Number
|Toll-Free Number||1800 103 6286|
What If You Send Money To the Wrong Payee?
For this mistake, you can not blame anyone else other than yourself. If it happens, you should contact your bank immediately. Mi Pay will not be responsible for such mistakes.
What is MI Pay UPI Handle?
@myicici is a Mi Pay handle by ICICI bank. You can create your UPI ID from profile section.
How to Use Scan & Pay Feature to Make Payments?
MI Pay enables you to pay by scanning QR codes
- Open the app and then Click on “Scan ‘n’ Pay.”
- Point the camera of your Device at the QR code and then scan it
- You will see the payment details
- Finally, click on “Confirm” and Enter your UPI PIN to complete the transaction
- That’s it; The payment will be processed, and you will be notified whether the transaction was a success or a failure.
Hope this article helps you to get MI Pay customer care number and other FAQs. If you like the article don’t forget to share this with your friends.