Jio has totally changed the graph of internet data consumption by Indians in the past couple of years. The reason behind is the super affordable data rates. Till now, the majority of the Jio users were using it via their 4G enabled handset or JioFi device. But now, Jio is launching the Jio Giga Fiber Router soon which is going to replace your existing home broadband connection with higher internet speed and lower data cost per GB.
But many of the users who are going to opt for the Fiber connection must know about 192.168.29.1 IP and how to change the SSID or Wifi name and the password of Jio Giga Fiber router. That’s exactly the reason we are crafting this article for you! So, without any further due, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Jio Giga Fiber?
- 2 What is the Use of 192.168.29.1 IP?
- 3 How to Change SSID and Password of Giga Router?
- 4 Why Should You Change the Password of the Giga Router?
What is Jio Giga Fiber?
Before going to the main part, let’s know what this Jio Giga Fiber is. Jio has previously changed the Indian telecom industry entirely. 4G mobile users can easily get access to cheaper but high-speed 4G data now. And for those who do not have a 4G enabled handset, Jio introduced the JioFi device where users can create a Wifi hotspot out of Jio’s network and access internet at the same speed on any 2G/3G or 4G device.
But still, Jio can not cater to the whole internet users with these two options. Because, even after cellular data users, there are a lot of users and organisations who require more data and wired connection for higher speed and reliable network connectivity.
To cater to these home broadband users, Jio has introduced its FTTH (Fiber to the Home) service, by which, Jio is able to provide reliable Fiber-based high-speed internet connection at an affordable cost. It uses high-quality Fiber optic cables instead of traditional wires which ensure better bandwidth and lower ping.
This high-speed internet connection which you get from Jio Giga Fiber can be used to stream Ultra HD videos, for video conferencing and in-camera application usages. Doing rest of the things in over this internet connection such as normal video streaming, online gaming, music streaming, heavy downloads, etc will just be a piece of cake for you once you are opt-in for Fiber broadband connection.
What is Giga Router?
Once you have known about Jio Giga Fiber, now let’s come to the Giga Router. Jio Giga Router is like other routers which allow you to create a Wifi network around your home or office so that you or multiple users can connect to the network at once wirelessly upto a certain distance (depending upon the router you choose) and access to various content through the same internet connection.
Currently, there are two different Jio Giga Router models are available which comes with two different plans. If you subscribe for the Rs 1000 monthly plan and pay Rs 4,500 at the time of getting the connection, you will get a dual-band router which will throw the Wifi signals to a wide area (more network coverage).
And if you instead go with the Rs 600 monthly plan and pay Rs 2,500 only at the time of installation, you will probably get a single band Jio Giga Router which will definitely give you a bit lesser Wifi network coverage but is suitable for home connections where you don’t need or have a big area to access the Wifi from.
What is the Use of 192.168.29.1 IP?
The IP address 192.168.29.1 is actually an address which is assigned to access the LAN interface for the Jio Giga Router. Once you are connected to the Jio Giga Fiber through wifi or via any cable, if you access to the address 192.168.29.1 through any of the browsers installed on your computer or smartphone, you will land on a page which contains all the settings and options to change your Giga Router settings.
There you just have to login by typing in the default username and password that comes with the Router device and you will be able to change your Wifi Network’s SSID or Name and password. Apart from that, you will change the signal strength and network area coverage and a hundred other things from the same interface.
Jio Fiber Login Credentials
By the time you buy the Jio Giga Fiber router and get the installation done, there will be a default username and password appointed to your router. To change the default network details you first need to log in. So, at the time of logging in, you have to enter the default username and password. Below you can find them:
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: Jiocentrum
How to Change SSID and Password of Giga Router?
Now let’s see how you can change the SSID (Wifi Name) and password of the Giga Router in different ways.
Using Web Configuration Utility
- First of all, connect your device to Jio Giga Fiber.
- Now open your web browser.
- Type 192.168.29.1 in your address bar> Hit enter button.
- Then enter the username (as admin) and password (as Jiocentrum).
- You will see a dashboard where you can manage router configuration.
- Now go to Menu > Network > Wireless > Profiles > Edit > Ok the prompt.
- A new window will open on your screen.
- Type your SSID name and Password you want to set and select the Authentication type as well.
- Then click on the ‘Save’ button to save the changes to your network.
Using MyJio App
- You need to install the MyJio app on your smartphone.
- Open the app and sign in to your account by providing the OTP.
- Then click on the “My Devices” option at the bottom right corner.
- Now you will see your Giga Fiber Router appear in the devices list.
- Tap on the device > Settings > Pencil icon > Enter your desired SSID > Submit.
- Then to change the password, click on the “Change Password” text and enter the old password and type in the new password you want to set.
- Finally, click on submit to save the modifications you have made. That’s it.
Using Jio.com Self-Care
- Go to the Jio.com website.
- Login to your Jio account.
- Tap on Settings > Manage Device > ONT.
- Click on the Settings of ONT parameters.
- Edit the Security Password > Enter your desired new password > Save.
- That’s it; You have successfully changed the Jio Giga Router password.
Why Should You Change the Password of the Giga Router?
You should always keep changing the Giga Router password to protect your network from unwanted users. Anyone from your neighbourhood may try to hack your network and get access to the internet connection. Hackers with some basic technical knowledge can even track your online activities by getting into your Wifi network. So beware and always keep changing the password to protect your network from such unwanted users.