Now Jio is known for their offers, and a device without an offer is highly unlikely. As a welcome offer, Jio’s PoS device comes with a complimentary 56 days usage. However, a security deposit of 3000 rupees needs to be made by the merchant as a form of security. But post the initial 56 days, the amount will be eventually refunded.
Table of Contents
What Documents are Needed to Apply for Prime Partner?
To apply for the PoS device, a merchant needs to submit the following documents :
- Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhar card/ Driver’s License (Expect MH Issued).
- Trade License/ Registration Certification/ Business License issued by the Government.
- Bank Passbook Copy/ Bank verified Letter.
- Trust HUF deed/ Registered partnership/ Incorporation Certificate etc. (as applicable).
- Two photographs of all authorized signatories.
Charges & Fees
The aim of this device is to provide digital payment services to smaller-scale merchants looking to expand their business. To do so, the charge set by Jio for each transaction is said to be pretty low. As of now, every credit card transaction charges 1.2% while any debit card transaction over 2000 rupees charges 0.4%. If the transaction is below 2000 rupees, then the transaction is charge free.
Jio Prime Partner Merchant Registration
Now how can a merchant get the device for himself? The process is actually very simple and hassle-free. First and foremost you will need to collect all your necessary documents as mentioned above. Then follow these steps to know how you can apply Jio PoS Machine:
- Visit jio.com/JPP or HERE and enter the name, address details, shop type, etc.
- Choose a date you prefer and click submit.
- Visit your nearest Jio centre with the collected documents.
- Pay the required 3000 rupees security money, and the PoS machine is ready to be taken.
- After getting the machine, open up the Jio Prime Partner application.
- There you need to enter the credentials provided by Jio after the successful registration.
- On doing it successfully, You can access the merchant dashboard and manage all the transactions